Monday, August 06, 2012

The Paris Roundup

Paris Roundup 1 P1010210 Paris Roundup 2 P1020469 Paris Roundup 3

Here is a quick roundup of the rest of my trip.

Clockwise from top-left: (1) The Velib: Paris' bike rental system; (2) Centre Pompidou; (3) The Sacre Coure; (4) Pont de Alexander, easily my favorite bridge in all of the city; (5) A view of Les Invalides from the gardens of the Musee Rodin; (6) Eglise Saint-Sulpice; (7) Notre Dame de Paris; (8) Jardin des Tuileries; (9) Atelier Brancusi; (10) Saint Germain des Pres, the city's oldest church; (11) Hotel de Ville; (12) Booths and other tourist traps underneath the Eiffel Tower; (13) The magnificent sky on the way to Pont d'Alma; (14) A colorful carousel right outside Hotel de Ville; (15) The Thinker, one of Rodin's most iconic sculptures, inside the gardens of the Musee Rodin; (16) La Tour Eiffel; (17) Petit Palais; (18) St Gervais et St Protais.

I think it is safe to say that you can't take a bad picture in Paris. Her rich history and classic European charm inspires and intoxicates even the most seasoned photographer. I feel almost sorry to compress my memories in just a few short posts as there are definitely more stories to tell.

But duty calls, and the rest of the world awaits.  I suppose some tales are meant to be stored and treasured, withdrawn from time to time on the whiff of something similar or familiar. Until then I shall pine for my return to this lovely European city.

Adieu Paris! Jusqu'a ce que nous nous reverrons!

No comments: